That's Saying Something

Only a man who carries a gun needs one - Harry Carey in Angel and the Badman



Saturday, January 2, 2016

This Year by JJ Heller

2 posts in 2 days.  If this blog had readers anymore,  they would not be able to believe it.  Last year the song This Year by JJ heller came out on New Years Day.  I love the song and wanted to share the lyrics and the video.

I am also participating in Six Word Saturday today.  JJ stands for Jennifer Judy and since Jennifer and Judy are both words, I am counting JJ as two.  Making my title the requisite 6 words.  Here are the lyrics with the video immediately following.




This year, I’m not looking back to who I was
Because I’m gonna be someone I’ve never been
This year, I’m not focused on the cracks in the walls
Not keeping track of all the times I fall; This year

Chorus: So long to last year It’s all becoming so clear
There is no use living in regret
Let’s fight a good fight Train our eyes to find the light
That makes this year the best one yet!
Starting right here Happy New Year! 

This year, I plan on thinking less of "I" and "me"
I resolve to think of "us" and "we"
This year, I can’t wait to see what good will come
To feel alive instead of feeling numb; This year

So long to last year It’s all becoming so clear
There is no use living in regret Let’s fight a good fight
Train our eyes to find the light That makes this year the best one yet!
Starting right here Happy New Year (repeat chorus)









I hope day 2 of this years is happy and joyous for all. for more 6 word Saturday click here.

4 comments:

  1. Nice song. Some good goals come out. of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice song. Some good goals come out. of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long time, no see! But I loved reading the lyrics to that song. The opening lines really resonate with me. I didn't choose a word last year like I usually do, but looking back, it would've been "transition." This year, something about "continuing." Thanks for playing 6WS and happy 2016 to you!

    ReplyDelete

Writing

Writing
Is a Skill