That's Saying Something

Only a man who carries a gun needs one - Harry Carey in Angel and the Badman



Monday, April 4, 2016

C is for Captain America



Superheroes A to Z
C is for Captain America



Full Name: Steve Rogers
Captain America Comics #1 (1941)
Notable Team Affiliations: Avengers, Invaders SHIELD



Captain America will always be to me the quintessential hero.  Cap came on the scene during WW II and came back better than ever in the 1960's.  Marvel comiics was doing amazing work in the 60's, but in my mind bringing back the iconic hero was the best thing they did.  Captain America solidified the Avengers and became their best leader even though he wasn't a founding member.



For more A to Z blogging click here.

Here is the letter B and C from Bob McLeod's epic Super Hero ABC.  The book is available at Amazon 




3 comments:

  1. My all-time favorite hero, just a notch above Batman!

    I'm featuring a captain today, myself. http://silverfoxlair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, Captain America fought the Nazi and came back in the 60s to a nation tired out with Viet Nam. Definitely one of the good guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one I know! And I have seen some of the Captain American movies :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Writing

Writing
Is a Skill