That's Saying Something

Only a man who carries a gun needs one - Harry Carey in Angel and the Badman



Friday, April 8, 2016

G is for Green Lantern

Superheroes A to Z

G is for Green Lantern



Golden Age Green Lantern: Alan Scott
First appearnace All American Comics #16 (July 1940)



Silver Age Green Lantern: Hal Jordan
First Appearance Showcase #22 (October 1959)


Bronze Age Green Lantern Guy Gardner
First Appearance Green Lantern #59 (March 1968) 



Bronze Age Green Lantern John Stewart
First Appearance Green Lantern #87 (Dec 71/Jan 72) 


Modern Age Green Lantern: Kyle Rahner
First appearance Green Lantern#48 (January 1994)
 Simon

Modern Age Green lantern : Simon Baz
First Appearance New 52#1 and Green Lantern#0 (2012)

Notable Team Affiliations of various Green Lanterns:
All Star Squadron
Justice League
JLI
JSA
Green Lantern Corps


There are many other G super heroes that I would put here before Green Lantern

A few of them listed with their main  reason for exclusion in bold  are:

Green Arrow Duplicates Hawkeyes abilities
Goliath Upsets balance between Marvel and D.C.
Groot I've never read a comic book with Groot in it, only know him from movie.


I did come this close to replacing GL with Jim Gordon.  I'm glad I didn't.   In reviewing all the different characters who have been Green Lantern over the past 75 years it became apparent to me that there is  no other super hero quite like him.






For more A to Z Blogging click here.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! Here's one I read!. Silver Age Green Lantern. I suppose that dates me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Green Lantern the one that's scared of the colour yellow? I can never really view him a super hero for that reason
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. green latern is a favorite of mine. and green arrow. my only exposure is media and not comics though.

    ReplyDelete

Writing

Writing
Is a Skill