That's Saying Something

Only a man who carries a gun needs one - Harry Carey in Angel and the Badman



Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Q is for Quicksilver

Superheroes A to Z
Q is for Quicksilver






First Appearance X-men #4  March 1964
Name: Pietro Maximoff
Abilities: Super Human Speed
Team Afiliations:  Brotherhood of Evil Mutants,  Avengers




As I told you earlier this month, I am trying not to have any one on this list have repeat powers.  This is why I did not put Flash in at F.  I actually prefer Flash to Quicksilver.  But that wasn't always the case.  Quicksilver is one of the members of my favorite era of Avengers.  This was the group that had Captain America, Hawkeye, Quicksilver and his sister Wanda. 
I also like the redemptive idea of the character.  Originally a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants more from loyalty to his sister, than to villainy, Quicksilver got a second chance with the Avengers.   I know he has had his twist and turns since then,  but I will always side with the Quicksilver of my youth.  




For more A to Z blogging click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing

Writing
Is a Skill