That's Saying Something

Only a man who carries a gun needs one - Harry Carey in Angel and the Badman



Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 wow!

Some time ago in the early to mid-80s I made my last New Year's resolution. I resolved to never make New Year's resolutions. This was very similar to the time that I gave up Catholicism for Lent. When it was over, since I was no longe Catholic, , I didn't have to take it up again.

In the same bent, I have not made New Year's resolutions as such for my entire adult life. Although, every year about this time I begin to think how would like this coming year to be different than the last. I do make resolutions I think we all do. It's just that I don't do them around a calendar.

Here is a short list of things I,d like to do more of in 2016 ...
Read more books
Blogging
Exercise
Be on the same page as my wife 

in 2016  I,d like to ...

Read 12 books I own and have not read.

Learn how a sailor cusses, so I can decide if I want to cuss like one or not.

Finish my nonowrimo novel.


Some things I,d like to do less of in 2016
Deep Sea dumpster diving.



Being passive reaching family and personal goals.
Avoiding unpleasant tasks.
Saying the same thing two different ways in lists.

2015 was a good year.  it sometimes seemed there were more downs than ups, more questions than answers.  But each down made me look up to God.  Each question was answered or is being answered by the author and perfect er of my faith. 

I am sure 2016 or as I like to call it two to the fifth three squared seven will  contain change,  disappointment, and grief as all years do .. I also know that it can contain Joy unspeakable, unlimited possibilities, and utter contentment, I wish all these to you and yours in spades or the card suit or garden implement of your choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing

Writing
Is a Skill